The primary focus of this website is to provide resources and information for people who have been affected by Ankylosing Spondylitis.
This is mainly achieved by enabling people affected by this disease to communicate and share their experiences with each other, much in the same way as you would with Facebook or Twitter!
You can create a profile for yourself, complete with a picture and your own information. You can also send messages to other members in the community, create a post in one of the forums, and comment on many of the items.
Other features include:
- A regularly updated News feed, detailing the latest developments in tackling Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Information concerning any AS related events occuring in the near future.
- A Questions and Answer section where you can ask a qualified professional advice concerning a specific aspect of AS.
- and much more!
Finally, there are several aspects of AS that this website aims to study with the help of those in the community who fill out several interactive questionnaires. The issues that are to be explored include:
- To look at ways of identifying people who will develop severe AS.
- To identify patients who could benefit from early use of intense therapy in order to prevent the development of severe AS.
- To examine the impact and cost of AS in order to better estimate the cost of new treatments, so that hopefully they are made available for people with AS sooner.
For instructions on how to participate please sign in and go to the Questionnaires section.
If you live in Wales and have a diagnosis of AS we would greatly appreciate your help!